Looking for some fun activities to keep the kids occupied? Whip up a batch of this easy homemade playdough that doesn’t require cream of tartar.
Playdough is a classic childhood toy that can easily be made at home with just a few simple ingredients.
This easy Playdough recipe is not only non-toxic and safe for kids, but it’s also really easy to make. All you need is some flour, salt, water, oil, and food coloring.
This recipe for homemade playdough doesn’t require any cream of tartar, so it’s perfect if you’re in a pinch.
Playdough is a fun activity for young children!
- It’s a great way for little hands to develop their fine motor skills
- allows creativity and sensory play
- It helps hand-eye coordination
- can be a calming activity for small children.
- Plus, play doh is just plain fun!
This easy homemade playdough recipe can be easily customized to create endless variations of different colors and scents using essential oils. Best of all, it’s just as much fun to make your own playdough as it is to play with.
So the next time your kids are begging for playdough, save yourself a trip to the grocery store and whip up a quick batch of playdough using this simple recipe at home. They’ll never know the difference.
How to Make Your Own Play Dough
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 Cup Flour
- ½ Cup Salt
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil or Canola Oil
- ½ tsp Food Coloring
To make a quick batch of this no cook playdough recipe, mix together the dry ingredients – salt and flour – in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
Add a few drops of food coloring to a little water and mix them well.
Then add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture, along with the oil.
Stir together the ingredients (hands work very well for this).
Keep mixing, folding, and kneading until a dough forms and it reaches the perfect consistency.
Make a few more small batches of different colors and enjoy your DIY playdough recipe.
Homemade Playdough Tips:
- If the dough feels a bit sticky, just sprinkle on a tsp more flour until the desired consistency is reached.
- Mixing the food coloring in the water helps to really even the color out in the dough. It really speeds the process up. If not, kneading time will go up about x4. Makes a more even color tone as well.
- A great place to store this dough is in ziplock bags, wrapped in wax paper or in an airtight container at room temperature.
- If stored correctly, this playdough lasts a long time.
- Any oil is fine to use.
- Use gel food coloring for vibrant colors.
Looking for more craft ideas? Try these!
Homemade Kinetic Sand
DIY Friendship Bracelets
DIY Felt Wreath
*Contains affiliate links
[…] Also: Homemade Playdough | DIY Hemp Bracelet | DIY Friendship […]