Learn how to make your own lip balm with this simple DIY tutorial that uses natural ingredients.
Are you looking for a fun, easy and affordable way to pamper yourself? Why not try making your own lip balm?
This homemade lip balm recipe is easy, affordable, and customizable with no hidden chemicals or ingredients. Plus, you can use natural ingredients to give your lips extra TLC.
This fun project makes for great gifts or favors for special occasions.
There are a lot of essential oils that can be used to make lip balm, but some of the most popular ones include peppermint oil, vanilla extract, lavender oil and chamomile oil. Mica powder is used in a small amount to add color, like a lip gloss.
You can find all of the simple ingredients at a local craft store or grocery store to make your own DIY Lip Balm recipe.
Why You Should Use Natural Lip Balm
Store-bought lip balms usually contain unhealthy ingredients like petrolatum and mineral oil, which can actually dry out your lips in the long run.
It’s easy to make your own lip balm with natural ingredients that are good for your lips. For example, you can use coconut oil, beeswax, and Shea butter to make a nourishing lip balm that will keep your lips soft and hydrated.
Making your own lip balm is a fun way to get creative and experiment with the different flavors and ingredients of the type of lip balm you decide on. You can add essential oils like peppermint or lavender for a refreshing scent, or use honey or cocoa powder.
Ready to get started? Let’s go!
How to Make Your Own Lip Balm
Makes 3 -.5 ounces of lip balm
Lip Balm Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax pellets
- 2 tbsp of a carrier oil such as organic coconut oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, vitamin e
- ¼ tsp deep rose mica powder
- 5 drops of essential oil
- 3 – 0.5oz tin containers or empty lip balm containers
- Melt tablespoon beeswax to a microwave-safe container with a spout. You can also use the double boiler method to melt beeswax.
- Heat the solid beeswax on high in 30 second intervals, stirring between each heating session, until fully melted.
- Add coconut oil and stir well.
- Add mica powder and essential oil and stir well.
- Pour final product into each lip balm tin or empty lip balm tubes.
- Allow to sit undisturbed for a couple of hours and let cool before applying to lips for soothing relief from dryness!
Apply organic lip balm liberally on dry lips as needed throughout the day for luscious lips.
Store unused lip balms in a cool place or at room temperature away from direct sunlight or extreme heat where they may melt, like a hot car. Because of the natural products in your own lip balm recipe, there is a shelf life of about 6 months.
Check out these other DIY Projects for lip care products that are easy to make at home:
Lotion Bar Recipe, Raspberry Lip Scrub
This DIY recipe contains affiliate links that I receive a small commission from.
[…] DIY Lip Balm […]
[…] you like to make DIY Beauty Products, be sure to try these: Homemade lotion bar recipe, Lip Balm, or Homemade Sugar […]
[…] Lip Balm […]
[…] Homemade Lip Balm […]