A positive morning routine is the key to a happy and productive day. Here are some small tasks to add to your daily morning routine to make a positive impact on your daily habits.
Do you ever feel like you’re not living your best life? You’re stuck in a rut and don’t know how to get out? It might be because you’re not starting your day the right way. If you want to have a positive morning routine, then read on. I’m going to share some tips with you that will help set the tone for the rest of your day.
Positivity has been shown through studies with positive people who feel happier than those dealing negatively or having low self-esteem; they also tend not only be more productive but creative as well which makes them even better at what they do.
Start Your Day with a Calming Routine
We all know that starting your day with a good morning routine can make you feel more positive, but did you also realize what happens in those first 30 minutes of the day impacts your mood and energy levels for the rest of the day? So it’s important not just on how we start our days but what that first task of the day is. Spend a few extra minutes before your cup of coffee adding these new habits into your daily routine.
Here are some little things to add to your morning ritual:
- Read a few pages from a self-help book on a daily basis.
- Express gratitude in your journal or write your to-do list for the day with important goals
- Spend 10-15 minutes reading something calming, such as poetry, scriptures, or an inspirational essay.
- Set some intentions for the day.
- Practice meditation or mindfulness.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. A good breakfast is the important meal of the day.
- Do a gentle yoga session or spend a few minutes stretching. Morning exercise is a good way to improve blood flow.
- Spend a few minutes in silence. Some people find it helpful to spend a few minutes in silence before beginning their day, in order to center themselves and focus on their goals for the day.
- Drink plenty of water in the morning. Hydration is key for a calm mind and body. Drinking a glass of water is a great way to start the day.
- Spend some time outdoors in nature first thing in the morning. Fresh air and sunshine are both great for setting the tone for a calm day.
- Wake up at the same time each morning and go to bed at the same time each night. A consistent morning routine will help regulate your body’s natural circadian rhythm and get a good night’s sleep. No more hitting that snooze button.
Whatever works for you is what’s important. The key is to find a routine that allows you to ease into your day gradually and peacefully, so that you can start your day off on the right foot.
Write Down Affirmations for the Day for a Positive Start
Write down some affirmations that you want to use for the day. Read these good intentions out loud and think about how these will help make your day more positive, then write positive affirmations in less than five words!
Stay Off Your Phone Until Absolutely Necessary
Using your phone first thing in the morning is often what leads to more stress and anxiety. The last thing you want to do is read a notification that puts you in a bad mood and completely ruins your positive mindset. Keep your phone turned off or at least turn off notifications so you don’t see them until you are ready to check your phone.
It’s easy to do by turning off all notifications at night before bed, or just putting your phone down and using a regular alarm clock.
Create a List of Intentions for the Day
You can set a positive tone for your day by thinking about what kind of emotions, thoughts or affirmations you want. This is similar to making a list but doesn’t just include tasks.
The key to starting your day off in a positive way is to make sure that your morning routine is something that you enjoy and that sets the tone for the entire day. If you start your day by stressfully rushing around, it’s going to be difficult to get out of those negative thoughts throughout the day. A calm, relaxing morning routine will help you ease into your day and allow you to focus on the things that are important to you.
Implementing a positive morning routine not only will make you feel better mentally and emotionally, but you’ll also be more productive throughout the day. Successful people make a positive outlook apart of their morning habits.
These tips are a great starting point, but don’t forget to personalize them to fit your own needs. Start your day with positive intentions and watch as your entire life improves!
Leave a Reply