Discover the ultimate pampering experience with our Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub recipe! Indulge in natural ingredients for soft, radiant skin that smells divine.
If you like to indulge in a little bit of self-care now and then, you’ll love this DIY lime coconut sugar scrub!
Say goodbye to dull, dry skin and hello to a radiant glow with this invigorating scrub that combines the tropical essence of coconut with the refreshing zest of lime.
This coconut lime sugar scrub recipe will remind you of a pina colada and palm trees!
Our Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub recipe is not only simple to make but also incredibly effective at exfoliating and moisturizing your skin.
With just a few natural ingredients, you can whip up a batch of this indulgent homemade sugar scrub in no time, leaving your skin feeling soft, smooth, and rejuvenated.
A cute jar of coconut lime sugar scrub is a great gift idea, especially for mother’s day!
How do you use lime and sugar for scrubs?
To create a lime and sugar scrub, you’ll need just a few ingredients:
- Sugar: Acts as the exfoliating agent, removing dead skin cells and promoting skin renewal.
- Lime: Lime zest and lime juice contains citric acid, which helps to brighten and rejuvenate the skin. The natural preservatives that can keep skin healthy and looking young for months. It also offers a refreshing scent.
- Coconut Oil: The natural moisturizer properties in coconut oil are perfect for giving you smooth skin and get rid of dry skin. It’s also an excellent way to get rid of any dead skin cells on the surface, which will leave you with a youthful glow all day long!
How to Make Coconut Lime Body Scrub
- 1 C white sugar or turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
- ¼ C organic coconut oil
- 1 large lime
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
Add sugar to a medium mixing bowl.
In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt coconut oil in the microwave at 10 second intervals until melted.
If the coconut oil got too warm, allow it to cool.
Pour the melted coconut oil into the sugar.
Using a microplane, zest the entire lime into the bowl.
Cut the lime in half and squeeze half the lime to the sugar mixture.
Add the vanilla paste.
Whisk mixture together until well combined.
Transfer the scrub into a clean, airtight container for storage, like mason jars. Keep it in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
How to Use Your Sugar Scrub
- Before using your coconut sugar scrub recipe, dampen your skin with warm water to help open up the pores and make exfoliation more effective.
- Take a small amount of the lime and sugar scrub and gently massage it onto your skin in a circular motion. Focus on areas prone to dryness or roughness, such as elbows, knees, and feet.
- Avoid using the scrub on broken or irritated skin, as the citrus may cause stinging.
- Rinse off the scrub thoroughly with warm water and pat your skin dry with a towel.
- After using the scrub, follow up with a moisturizer to lock in hydration and keep your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Use the coconut lime scrub 2-3 times per week for best results. Over-exfoliating can irritate the skin, so be mindful not to use it too often.
More Body Scrub Recipes to Try:
*A small commission is received from affiliate links as apart of the amazon services llc associates program .